Complete the following steps to unlock a no-fly zone within DroneSense Mobile using the DJI QEP program.
- Apply for a QEP license if you don’t already have one. More information is available in this article.
- The same login will be shared across all pilots in the DroneSense app. For this reason, it is better to use one generic email address for your entire team instead of individual email addresses for every pilot.
- Connect the qualified aircraft and open DroneSense.
NOTE: You must have a GPS connection to the aircraft to complete these steps.
- Open Settings > Drone Settings.
- Tap Manage Fly Zones.
- Tap Login to DJI.
Note that this will bring up a login page directly from DJI. This can take up to a few minutes, so please be patient as the form loads.
- Login with your DJI credentials and tap Login.
- After completion, you should see your DJI account information as well as your status and any imported licenses for that aircraft.
- The fly zones you can unlock are displayed at the bottom of the dialog. Toggle on the zones you want to open.
Note: DroneSense Mobile does not currently have the ability to import new fly zones to the drone yet, so you will need to add them each time through DJI Pilot. After you activate new fly zones, you can open DroneSense and tap Refresh Fly Zones to pull in the new license(s).