Operations Hub has the ability to display content from public and private Esri Feature Layers. Property lines, parcel data, and numerous other resources are useful during UAS operations. Most municipalities have some sort of GIS (Geographic Information System) department which likely already has this information and other maps you would like to display within Operations Hub. This article will provide information on how to add those into Operations Hub. Esri Layers are currently only visible in Operations Hub.
For GIS Users
- Must be a Feature Layer/Service or Stream Layer
- The Feature Layer must be saved in ArcGIS Online. It cannot be saved in an ArcGIS Enterprise account (self-hosted).
- Understand the relationship between ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Online
- If the Feature Layer is hosted on an Enterprise account, a collaboration can be created to share it with ArcGIS Online. Then share the layer from the Portal to the Collaboration Group.
- Ideally, the layer is available to the public but you can restrict access if necessary.
For DroneSense Users
- You will need the ID string from Esri to enter into DroneSense which is a 32 digit alphanumeric string of characters and can be found in several ways outlined below in How to find the Esri ID.
- If you have this you can jump down to the Operation Hub Steps.
How to find the Esri ID
Map Viewer Example
- Navigate to the Map Viewer Example.
- Looking at the URL, the ID is the last 32 characters (example: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?layers=59b77b263d5c4d7aae2e945209d9b05d
- You will enter this ID in the Esri Portal ID field later.
- Navigate to the Overview Example.
- Click on the Open in Map Viewer link and then follow the steps above.
ArcGIS REST Services Directory Example
- Navigate to the ArcGIS REST Services Directory Example.
- Look for Service ItemId and the ID will be listed after it.
Operations Hub Steps
- Log in to your DroneSense account and navigate to the Operations Hub page. Click here to be taken directly to the page.
- On the right side of the screen click on the Map Layer Manager icon:
- In the Map Layer Manager window click Esri Layers.
- In the Esri Layers window, you can click the eye icons to show or hide all layers.
- To add a layer click the + icon.
- In the Create Esri Layer window fill in the fields. Copy and paste the ID into the Esri Portal ID field.
- Click Create.
- If the ID you entered is correct you will be returned to the Esri Layer Window where you can click on the eye next to the layer you created to view it.
- If the information is protected you will be prompted to log in.
Below is a list of Esri Layers that you can add to your organization