Map Feature Layers in DroneSense are groups of custom map objects that you can build and share.
You can access the DroneSense Map Layers from the button in the upper right:
Map Feature Layers are organized in three levels:
- A Feature is the most basic component. It is a single marker, line, or shape that can be placed on a map. A single marker representing an flight obstacle would be a Feature.
- A Layer is a group of Features. All the obstacles in an area could be put in a layer called “Obstacles” and displayed on the map.
- The highest level is a Category of layers. These include a user’s personal My Feature Layers, Org Feature Layers, Mission Feature Layers, and Shared Feature Layers.
- Mission requirements such as SAR areas
- Operational hazards such as towers or interference sources
- Takeoff and Landing zones
- Route planning and region assignments