Feature Layers allow you to add custom elements to the map. These layers can be shared with missions to provide valuable insight from the Operations Hub interface.
Future releases of the DroneSense 2020 platform will also include the ability to share these elements with pilots on scene to provide a single common interface for your UAS operations.
To learn more about how to share an existing feature layer to a mission, see the Adding Map Layers article.
Creating New Feature Layers
Complete the following steps to create a new Feature Layer for your organization.
- From the Operations Hub, click the Map Layer Manager icon in the upper right of the map.
- Select Feature Layers.
- To create a new set of feature layer elements, click the + button in the top toolbar.
- In the Create Feature Layer dialog, provide a name, description, and select the teams you want to have access to this Feature Layer. Click Create.
- Click the new feature layer from the list that appears in the Map Layer Manager.
- To add a feature - a point marker, line, or shape - click the + from the top toolbar.
- Select a point, line, polygon, rectangle, or circle from the top toolbar.
- Point: select a category and marker type from the list provided
- Line, Polygon, Rectangle, or Circle: select a style or create a new one
- For new style, you will need to define its appearance:
a. Draw a freeform object on the map and double-click to end drawing.
b. In the Map Layer Manager, click Next.
c. From the pane that appears, set the line style, cap style, width, color, and fill color.
d. Click Next, and provide a name and description on the next pane. Click Save.
- Now that you have the style defined, you can choose the shape type and the style to draw the lines or objects on the map.
- Add any combination of objects and point markers to your feature layer. Each new object is saved as you go.