DroneSense has limited support for mirroring to an external monitor or television using the HDMI port on the Cendence controller. Any connected external display will show the video feed from the drone via the DJI Pilot software, and not the DroneSense flight control interface.
If you want to configure which video feeds show on the HDMI-connected display, you will need to edit the settings in DJI Pilot on a CrystalSky or Smart Controller, as DJI does not provide access to these settings from iOS devices. To do so, complete the following steps:
- Connect the Cendence controller to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Connect the Crystal Sky to your Cendence.
- Open the DJI Pilot app and choose Fly Manually.
- Open the ... menu in the top right corner and select the HD settings menu.
- Scroll down to the Output Mode option.
- Choose between the available options for which sensor feed(s) you want displayed on the TV.
- Disconnect the Crystal Sky and connect your iPad to the Cendence using your USB cable.
- Launch DroneSense.
With this configuration you will be able to fly with DroneSense, but only the selected sensor feeds will show on the TV.
NOTE: You also can use AirPlay to mirror the iPad on any display that supports it, but keep in mind that doing so will consume network resources, which generates additional RF activity and might interfere with local video streaming quality.