The Logs menu provides a quick summary of all DSR flights and the Calls For Service (CFS)/Case Logs for those flights.
A flight can have multiple CFS/Case Logs associated with it.
To access the CFS/Case Log for a flight, click the three dots and select View CFS/Case Log.
The Log Editor shows a visual of the drone's path for the CFS/Case Log, and provides the following reporting options:
- Address: Physical address associated with the CFS/Case.
- CFS/Case ID: Unique identifier for the CFS/Case.
- Priority: Choose the priority of the event.
- On Scene Time: The recorded time when the drone arrived on scene. If the RO did not click On Scene, DSR automatically logs it when the drone arrives via autonomous flight plan. If the RO clicked On Scene, DSR uses that over any auto-logged ones and uses the last one for that CFS.
- Description: Provide an optional description of the event associated with the CFS/Case.
- Notes: Provide any additional notes.
- Public: If enabled this CFS will appear on the agency's public portal.
- Exclude Stats: If enabled, this CFS will not appear in the agency's DFR statistics. This option is useful for training flights.
- First On Scene: Enable this to indicate the drone was the first on scene.
- Patrol Unit Dispatched: Enable this to indicate a patrol unit was dispatched.
- Assisted in Arrests: Enable this to indicate the drone assisted in any arrests.