Magic Video Link (MVL) allows you to share a direct video link for a given mission to stakeholders - even those who are not DroneSense users. It includes access to all streamed video for the mission, but does not include other details, such as map telemetry and other pilot and drone information.
- MVL is an optional add-on feature included in the Advanced Video Sharing package. If this feature isn't visible on your missions, contact your account rep or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about adding this module.
- Once MVL is activated on your account, an Organization Admin can enable or disable the feature as necessary.
Steps to Enable/Disable MVL for Your Organization
Click here to learn how to enable/disable MVL for a mission.
- Log in to your DroneSense account.
- Navigate to Admin > Settings. Click here to be taken directly to the page.
- Scroll down until you see the Magic Video Link section. If you do not see the MVL section it has not been activated on your account and you can put in a request to have it activated.
- To change the status, click Edit Details, change the toggle to ENABLED or DISABLED as needed, and click Save. Toggling to DISABLED will disable Magic Video Links for all Missions.
Enabling/Disabling MVL for a Mission
- Navigate to Operations Hub and select a mission from the Mission Manager.
- Click the Magic Video Links button in the top toolbar.
- The Magic Video Links window shows all current MVLs for your mission, their start and end date, number of views, the last time it was viewed, and also provides access to a QR code for the MVL and a button to copy it to the clipboard. You also can edit or remove the MVL. Clicking the trash can instantly removes the MVL.
- To create a new MVL by click Create Video Link.
TIP: Missions can support multiple MVLs, which can be useful for organizing who has access and when.
NOTE: When sending notifications for a mission that has multiple MVLs, the notification will include the link for the MVL that expires the soonest.
Viewing MVL from the App
An MVL must be configured for the mission you are flying under and it must not be expired
If you have multiple MVLs, the app will select the first MVL
You must be connected to the internet and to the DroneSense server as indicated by this icon in the top status bar showing a connection.
Complete the following steps to view the MVL QR code for the mission:
- Tap the drone signal strength icon in the top status bar.
- Click the Share icon.
- The MVL QR code will be displayed:
If the MVL is not displayed an error will appear in Notifications. Check the errors below for troubleshooting steps.
- If you aren't connected to the internet or the DroneSense server you may receive one of two errors
- Couldn't connect to Ops to retrieve Magic Video Link or Failed to retrieve Magic Video Link. Please contact support.
- If you receive either of these messages check your internet connection and try again. If you continue to get the same message contact our support team.
- If no MVLs are available you will receive an error message No valid Magic Video Links available for the mission. Follow these steps to add MVL to the mission.
The animation below shows the workflow.
The video below highlights the recent changes to MVL.