Complete the following steps to add a new maintenance procedure.
- From the Maintenance > Procedures page, click Add New Procedure.
- On the page that appears, provide a name for the procedure and an estimated time it will take to complete.
- Provide a description in the field at the bottom of the form.
- In the Steps section, click Add Item.
- Provide a name and description for the step. Select the checkbox to make it mandatory.
- Click Add Item again to provide additional steps for the procedure. You can reorder the steps by dragging and dropping them, and remove steps by clicking the trash icon.
- When you are finished, click Save Maintenance.
Maintenance steps will vary depending on the asset (drone, tablet, controller, sensor, etc.) it is to be performed on. Following are some common steps you might consider if you don't already have established procedures for maintenance.
- Check props for damage
- Check motors for free spinning with no noise
- Check power buttons
- Clean battery connector
- Clean storage case
Tablets & Remotes
- Check cables and charge ports
- Check all buttons work
- Check for OS or firmware updates
- Clean device and screen
- Check case for cracks or other damage
- Validate battery life remaining
- Check for firmware updates
- Clean connections
Camera & Media Cards
- Clean lens
- Clean mount point
- Validate pan, zoom, and focus work properly
- Check video and camera output
- Clean SD card contacts