Automated flight plans allow you to plan events ahead of time and automate common actions to allow you to focus on the mission at hand. You can create flight plans in the DroneSense Mobile flight control app.
Flight plans can be made from any number of three different types of actions:
- Waypoints: Fly the drone to a defined location at a set speed and altitude.
- Orbits: Fly a radius around a center point at a set speed and altitude. You also can set the gimbal angle.
- Surveys: Define an area to record images that can be constructed into a 2D or 3D model.
To create a flight plan, complete the following steps:
- Select Flight Planning. The Setup tab will be preconfigured with your currently connected drone, gimbal and resolution. You can change these settings if you plan to use a different configuration.
- Use the Waypoint, Orbit, or Survey buttons on the toolbar to add an action to the map.
- Configure the settings for the action and tap Add to Plan.
- Continue adding actions to suit your mission.
- When you are finished, tap Save to store the mission. Tap Fly Now when you're ready to fly.