NOTE: Orbits are currently available on Android only.
Automated orbits allow you to circle a specific center point at a set distance and speed.
Orbits consist of a specific Latitude-Longitude point, a Speed, an Altitude, and a Radius. You also can specify a heading (direction the camera faces), and rotation (clockwise our counter-clockwise).
Orbit actions are infinite. You will need to manually intervene by tapping the Stop button in order to move on to the next action, or trigger an RTH on the controller if you want the drone to return to home.
To add an orbit to a flight plan, complete the following steps.
- Open the Flight Planning view and tap the Orbit button.
- Tap the map to the location you want for the center point of the orbit. You can adjust the specific location by dragging the icon on the map, or by using the arrow buttons or by entering a specific Latitude and Longitude value on the settings pane.
- Adjust the radius of the orbit by dragging the marker on the outer circle.
- Adjust the Speed and Altitude using the sliders or +/- buttons on the settings pane.
- Specify an End-Orbit Action:
- Next Plan Item (default): the drone continues on to the next action in the flight plan
- Hover: the drone hovers at the waypoint until the operator intervenes
- Choose the drone heading:
- Center (default): the drone faces the center of the orbit
- Manual: the operator controls the facing of the orbit
- Outward: the drone faces away from the center of the orbit
- Along Path: the drone faces along the path of the orbit
- Tap Add to Plan.
You can edit orbit locations by tapping Edit on the action, or by tapping the center point on the map.
Orbit Manual Options
There are several ways to control the drone while flying an Orbit action in automated flight.
NOTE: Not all drones will respond these manual interactions.
- Camera Controls: You can control all aspects of the camera using the camera controls on the remote.
- Speed and Elevation: You can adjust the speed and elevation using the stick controls on the remote.
- Radius of Orbit: You can adjust the radius using the stick controls on the remote.