DroneSense has integrated support for the Zenmuse XT1 and XT2 thermal cameras. All controls for the full range of features are available from the Thermal menu on the top status bar and the Camera Settings menu on the camera controls toolbar.
Note: When using dual cameras, the M210 drone requires that an XT1 camera be mounted in position 2 (the left side facing the front of the drone). If using anXT2, it must be mounted in position 1.
When you tap the Thermal tab in the top status bar, the Thermal Controls appear immediately below.
- Temperature Alert: This indicator changes color whenever a spot on the display is over the temperature level you set in the camera settings.
- Region of Interest: Enable this mode to get temperature readings for a defined area of the display. When you enter ROI mode, a box appears on the display. You can resize or move the box as needed. The camera tracks the maximum, minimum, and average temperature in the box, and tracks them with red (max) and blue (min) cursors, and displays these values in the ROI indicator in the toolbar.
- Spot Meter: Enable this mode to get the temperature for a spot on the display. When you enter Spot Meter mode, tap the display to get the temperature. A cursor appears on the spot you selected, along with the temperature. The temperature is also displayed in the Spot indicator on the toolbar, which replaces the ROI indicator in the image above.
- Isotherm Mode: This mode changes the display to use color schemes to indicate temperature ranges. Use these controls to turn the isotherm display on or off, and to set the Low, Middle, and Upper values for mapping to the selected color palette specified in the Thermal Camera Settings.
You can use the Search and Fire presets to use common isotherm settings for search and rescue and Firefighting situations. These settings are adjustable.
- Flat Field Correction: Use this function to remove artifacts from the image that can result from wide temperature differentials, especially with extended viewing. Tapping this will cause a brief "flush" of the image as the sensor resets.
- View Selections: Use these buttons to switch between other connected cameras and the map. The available buttons will vary depending on the other gimbals attached to the drone.
- Zoom: Tap to access the digital zoom functions.
- View Mode (XT2 only): Use this dropdown menu to select from VIS for visual footage, MSX for fused infrared and visual footage, IR for infrared footage, Picture-In-Picture to show the IR overlapping the visual footage, or Side-by-Side for visual and IR viewed beside each other.
When you select MSX, an additional menu appears to the right you can use to specify the amount of contrast in the image, from None to High.
- Picture Adjust (XT2 only): Use this control in MSX or Picture-in-Picture mode to display vertical and horizontal slider bars you can use to adjust the alignment of the IR and vision imagery.