Flights conducted using the DroneSense Mobile app are automatically uploaded to DroneSense Web, even when performed offline. Once the app is connected to WiFi or an LTE network, all data gets synced.
You also can manually add flights. This can be useful for flights of drones not supported by DroneSense or by a cooperating organization not using the DroneSense platform.
Complete the following steps to manually create a flight.
- On the Flights page, click Add New Flight. You also can click the + button at the top of any page and select Flight.
- Provide all available information for the following fields:
- Flight Name
- Flight Type
- Start and End Date (including time)
- Distance Traveled
- Max Distance from Pilot
- Max Altitude
- Any notes or other relevant information you want to add
- Click Save.
- On the Flight record page that appears, add Crew, Hardware, Location, and Incidents (as needed) in their corresponding fields. If you do not have any of this information, you can leave those fields blank.
Most flight data are automatically gathered and cannot be edited. There are a few fields that allow you to make changes once the data is recorded, and you can add notes and other changes to an existing flight record.
Complete the following steps to edit a flight record.
- From the Flights page, select the flight you want to edit.
- If you need to edit the name or add more notes, click Edit Details and click Save when you are finished.
- The following fields can also be edited:
- Hardware: Drone, Batteries, and Tablet/Controller
- Crew: Team Member and Mission Role
- Location: where the flight originated
- Mission: combination of flights around a common event or initiative
- Incidents: accidents, equipment damage or failure, lost link events, and so on
- Teams: which team or workgroup in your organization for the flight