Each mission can be configured to send out notifications (both email and text) to members already in your DroneSense account and to contacts configured in Operations Hub. If you have Magic Video Link enabled, the notifications will include a link to view a simplified version of Operations Hub without having to log in to DroneSense.
Click here to view examples of the notifications.
- Members must exist in your organization and they must have EMAIL and/or TEXT notifications Enabled in their profile. If you are an admin you can edit a member's profile to enable these notifications.
- You can also add separate Contacts to your organization that are not members and cannot log in to DroneSense.
- Groups can also be created with a combination of members and contacts.
Below are the steps to follow to set up Mission Notifications:
- Navigate to Operations Hub.
- Open Mission Manager (if it's not already open):
- Click on the View Mission Details icon for the mission you want to enable notifications for.
- Select the Notifications tab and click EDIT at the bottom of the window.
- Make sure Mission Notifications Enabled is toggled On.
- Select a Trigger Notification Event:
- Drone Takeoff: Will trigger a notification when a drone launches
- Camera Broadcast Start: Will trigger a notification when a Member logs onto the Mission in the DroneSense app. Will also trigger a notification when a Member logs onto the Mission in the DroneSense app with MSAT.
- Select one or more GROUPS or CONTACTS. Groups are configured in Contacts Manager. Contacts include members of your organization and contacts added in Operations Hub.
- Select the limit on Notifications:
- No Limit: Will send a notification for every Trigger Notification Event. This could cause a lot of notifications to be sent during a mission and should be selected after careful consideration.
- 1 Hour - 24 Hours: Will send one initial notification and then a subsequent notification after the time specified expires.
- Click SUBMIT EDITS at the bottom of the window when you are finished.
Contacts and Groups
You can save contacts to your organization to be used for Mission Notifications which are separate from the members of your organization and cannot log in to DroneSense. Groups can also be created with a combination of members and contacts.
- Navigate to Operations Hub.
- Click the Contacts Manager icon in the upper right:
- In the Contacts Manager window, you can perform several functions. From the top bar, you can add individual contacts or add groups. The All Contacts and Groups links allow you to view the contacts and groups that are available:
- Clicking Add Contact will open the Create Contact window. You are required to enter the contacts First Name, Last Name, and Email. Optionally you can enter a phone number that can receive text messages.
Note: Be sure to check the Send Email Notifications and/or Send Text Notifications checkboxes as appropriate.
- Click Add Contact when you are finished.
- Clicking Add Group will open the Create Group window.
- Enter a Name for the contacts group, along with an optional Description.
- Click Add Group when you are finished.
- Click on All Contacts.
- The All Contacts screen displays a row of links followed by a list of members and contacts. The top bar has buttons for Add Contact, Search, and Sort Options.
Within the list, contacts outside your organization will display with a generic icon. Members of your organization will appear with their profile picture or with a white circle around the icon if a profile picture hasn't been selected for that member.
Note: You can edit contacts from this screen but you cannot edit members from this screen. If you are an admin you can go to the Members & Teams page to edit a member's profile.
- Clicking on a Contact will open the Contact Details window. The top bar contains buttons for Edit Contact, Send Message, and Delete Contact:
- Click Groups.
- The Groups screen displays a row of links followed by a list of groups. The top bar contains buttons for Add Group and Sort Options.
- Clicking on a group displays the Group Details window. There are several options to choose from:
Edit Contacts Displays a window with a list of contacts to select Send Group Message Displays a window to send a text message to the entire group to those contacts with Text Notifications enabled. Edit Group Name Displays a window to edit the Name and Description of the Group Delete Group Displays a window to confirm if you want to delete the group.
Caution: THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE.
Search Search the list of contact names. Sort Options Select from a list of options to sort the list of contact names.
Examples of Email and Text Notifications
|Email with Magic Video Link||
Email without Magic Video Link
|Text with Magic Video Link||Text without Magic Video Link|