Roles allow you to set up types of users with different permissions to data and features in your organization.
By default, each organization starts with Org Administrator, Team Administrator, Member, and Ops Viewer roles already set up.
- Org Administrators can add new users, create teams, edit permissions, and edit organization settings.
- Team Administrators can read, update, create, and manage all data on teams they are members of in the organization. They also can add new team members, edit team member's permissions, and edit team settings.
- Members have a mix of read, update, create, and manage permissions for different kinds of data for teams they are members of in the organization. They also can edit their own user profile.
- Ops Viewers can only access the full set of features in the Operations Hub.
In addition to the above built-in roles, DroneSense automatically provides a default Supervisor role. This role has no permissions initially, and is available for admins to add or remove permissions to fit their organization's needs.
Users can have more than one role in the organization. Whenever a user has multiple roles, the most permissive role applies.
To give a user more permissions, apply a role that contains those permissions. If a role does not exist that has the permissions you need, you can either add the permission to an existing role, create a new role.
Adding New Roles
To add new roles, complete the following steps as an Org Administrator.
- Click the Administration icon on the left menu bar.
- At the top of the page that appears, click Roles.
- Click Add New Role.
- On the page that appears, provide a name and optional description.
- Select the permissions you want to give to the new role from the sections provided. Each section corresponds to different pages on the DroneSense Web interface, with each level of access separated into checkboxes.
- When you are finished, click Create Role.