In order for DroneSense to file UAS Operating Areas and NOTAMs on your organization's behalf, you must have an account with FSS Leidos and authorize DroneSense as a vendor.
FSS Leidos Setup
- Open the Flight Service website: https://1800wxbrief.com
- Log in if you already have an account. If you do not, click the Create New Account link in the Login section on the right and complete the registration steps to set up your account.
- Once you're logged in, go to the Account tab.
- Select Service Provider Authorization from the drop down and click Edit.
- Select the Yes radio button next to DroneSense.
- Click Save.
You might need to watch an instructional video before completing your Flight Service registration. Complete the following steps to do so.
- Log in to 1800wxbrief.com and open the UAS tab: https://www.1800wxbrief.com/Website/uoa
- In the lower right, click the NOTAM service information and registration link.
- In the instructions that appear, click the video button to watch the video.
- Review the disclaimer.
- Click the checkboxes to acknowledge you've completed the steps above.
- Click Register.
UAS Operations Setup in DroneSense
You can perform these setup steps on the Admin > Settings page.
- Open the Admin > Settings page. Scroll down to the UAS Operations section and click Edit Details.
- Provide the Organization Email Address you used for your Flight Service account.
- If you are editing these settings from the NOTAMs setup page, provide a Flight Service Phone number for the Flight Service account.
- Enter any COA IDs you want to include. You can input multiple COA IDs by pressing the Enter key after each entry.
- Optionally, provide a Default Radius in nautical miles and Default AGL Altitude in feet.
- Enter email addresses for each user you want to receive notification emails. You can specify whether email notifications will be sent by using the Notifications toggle.
- Tap Save to complete these settings and exit.