If you are experiencing app crashes or other repeated issues, verifying the following info will really help our team get to the bottom of what is going on. If you continue to see app crashes we can talk you through that process of reviewing the app logs on your device to identify what might be leading to stability issues.
DroneSense Mobile App Versions
OS Versions by Device
- iOS on iPad and iPhone should be version 14 or later
- OS on Smart Controller should be version 01.00.0860 or later
- OS on Crystal Sky should be version 03.00.02.00
DJI Aircraft Firmware
The following lists the minimum firmware version for each aircraft we support.
- Mavic 2 Enterprise should be on version 01.01.0800
- Mavic Pro or Zoom should be on version 01.04.0500
- Matrice 200 Series should be on version 01.02.0450
- Matrice 200 V2 Series should be on version 01.00.0710
- Matrice 300 RTK should be on version 02.01.04.03
- Mavic Mini 1 should be on version 01.00.0500
- Mavic Air 1 should be version 01.00.0620
- Phantom 4 should be on version 02.00.0810
- Phantom 4 Pro & Pro+ should be on 01.05.0600
- Phantom 4 Pro v2 should be on 01.00.52.00
Note that in uncommon situations, a recent firmware update might cause issues. Please refer to the DroneSense Mobile Release Notes for your OS for any notifications for any notices when you should hold off on firmware updates in such cases.
Autel Aircraft Firmware
All Autel aircraft should be on the latest firmware.
Anafi Aircraft Firmware
All Anafi aircraft should be on the latest firmware.
Ensure you are never running any conflicting apps in the background (DJI Go, Go4, Pilot, and so on) as this can cause stability and data integrity issues.
There are also various firmware updates for remote controllers, batteries, and individual detachable cameras/sensors as well. You can check those through DJI Assistant based on what payloads you're running.