There are several ways your drone might not perform as you would expect, such as:
- Altitude limited to 99 feet
- Distance limited to 500 feet
- Speed is reduced or otherwise sluggish
Being unable to fly at speed or to reasonable distances or altitudes is generally due to the drone being set to Beginner Mode in the DJI flight control app. This can be common in new drones, especially for smaller fixed gimbal drones such as the Mavic Air.
To remove restrictions, open the DJI app and make the following changes:
- Complete device registration if you haven't already.
- Perform firmware updates as needed.
- Complete any necessary calibration.
- Disable Beginner Mode and enable Sport Mode.
- Adjust altitude and radius restrictions.
- Adjust flight control gain values.
- Check any other settings to see if there are other unexpected limitations.
Close the DJI app when you are finished. You should now be able to fly without reasonable restrictions using the DroneSense Pilot app.